On April 30, the famous British newspaper “The Guardian” published an article which went viral and made the front page of the other daily newspapers in the world, accusing the President of the Haitian Football Federation of sexual abuse on players at the Croix-des-Bouquets Ranch. This week, alleged victims have reportedly received death threats since complaints against FHF number 1 were reported, the same media reported.
The case of Yves Jean-Bart is significant. While Haitian authorities have opened an investigation into these allegations and the Croix-de-Bouquets Prosecutor's Office has summoned the President, The Guardian rebounded on Thursday with a new article. The British daily has learned of new allegations of abuse from other alleged victims who have come forward. It must be said that Dadou vigorously denied the information reported last month that he had forced several girls from the FIFA Goal Center to have sex in the past 5 years. He said these schemes were part of a plot to remove him from the presidency of the FHF.
According to the English media, several alleged victims are threatened after the publication of the charges, and a former player living at the the stranger even said that she had to move quickly.
“ A bandit called us. If we talk, they know where our uncles, aunts, cousins are. “said another.
A former trainer who worked at the Croix-des-Bouquets Center said:
” They force certain players to say good things about the president, otherwise they will attack their family members living in Haiti. ”
A national team player has come forward since the publication of the allegations for accuse Dadou Jean-Bart of having attempted to rape her and of having children with some of her teammates.
“ Dadou is a criminal. I am one of its victims. I'm so afraid. If he knows I'm talking to you … I'm going to have a nightmare. It was a nightmare, “ she said.
This player added:
” He tried to rape me when I was in the center. He slept with some of my friends. He also has children with other girls. It’s very complicated for us there… And it’s not only sexual abuse but also moral abuse, economic abuse, everything. This man, he ruined my life. “
A deplorable situation if one relies on the words relayed by The Guardian although the identity of the people interviewed remains anonymous. And it's not over ! Several former players of the senior men's team also said that Jean-Bart had arranged for a 17-year-old girl whose mother worked at the center to accompany him on a trip to Trinidad to attend a match. in 2008.
“ In the center, several people prepared meals, including a lady who had a daughter who visited her as soon as she left school” explained one of the players before continuing:
“ One day, Dadou laid eyes on this young girl. When we flew to Trinidad, the daughter and her mother were part of the delegation. It was a shock. He gave them visas and they stayed with him in a large four-star hotel while we were in a motel. Many of us suspected that he was trying to sleep with her .
Since the publication of the article in the English newspaper on April 30, groups militant for the defense of Human Rights in Haiti have asked for the dismissal of Yves Jean-Bart while the investigation is being carried out by the BPM (Brigade de la Protection des Mineurs), a specialized branch of the Haitian police funded by the United Nations and UNICEF. Last week, the President of the FHF was invited to the Croix-des-Bouquets Prosecutor's Office. Supporters of the alleged victims then demonstrated outside, planning to maintain their own civil lawsuit against Dadou through a Canadian law firm.
“ It is necessary to shed light on this whole thing. Mr. Jean-Bart must resign or be put on notice for the procedure to take place, especially for girls who are very afraid. This is why we are implementing a whole legal strategy to allow players to testify r “, said Patrice Florvilus, a Haitian lawyer who is executive director of the organization of Human Rights and Defense of Oppressed, in other words defenders of the oppressed.
Doctor Jean-Bart expressed his innocence in interviews with the media, in particular in an interview with the French agency AFP where he was questioned on a video which shows him with his hand on Corventina's shoulder during a 7-minute interview published by the FHF in 2016. He declared that his touching of the young star was “an insignificant gesture made with paternal affection”.
“ Alone athletes can understand that ”he added.
Asked by Haitian radio, Magik9, if he had fathered children with former players from the center, he replied:
I have the right not to answer. ”
One of the alleged victims claimed that several girls from the center and from AS Tigresses had given birth to her children.
“ Some mothers were minors “, she added.
FIFA, the world's governing body for football, said its ethics committee had appointed a” panel “to investigate. The code of ethics of the highest court allows it to impose provisional sanctions, including suspensions of up to 90 days “to ensure that the investigation procedure is not hampered or when a violation of this code appears to have been committed and a decision on the merits of the case may not be made. early enough. ”
Minky Worden, who oversees Human Rights Watch’s work on sport and human rights around the world, including strengthening human rights rules in sport and in sports federations, urged the International Federation to suspend Yves Jean-Bart immediately because of allegations that he threatened the alleged victims.
“ Act quickly to suspend the president of the Federation of Haiti while these serious allegations make it investigated would mean that FIFA intends to protect young athletes. With threats that have already been made, FIFA has a duty to ensure that the ability of those in positions of power to intimidate or silence the accusers is limited, “she said.
Folder to follow !!!