After a defeat on Saturday, the Haitian team received Curacao to return to victory. But the men of Marc Collat have once again skated conceding a draw (1-1) at Stade Sylvio Cator.
Things are not going for the selection of Haiti who has suffered its first real camouflage since the Gold Cup 2019 sparkling. The Grenadiers, beaten (0-1) 3 days ago in Curacao, could not do better than a draw (1-1) Tuesday night at home by the same team in Group D League A of the League of Nations and mortgage their chances for all upcoming upcoming competitions in the area.
With some changes in his starting lineup with the tenure of Zachary Herivaux instead of Bryan Alceus and Duckens Nazon then Christiano Francois to pass in a more offensive system, Marc Collat did not impress and his men conceded a draw at home.
The starting lineup: Johny Placide (C) – Stephane Lambèse (Djimy-Bend Alexis 8th), Ricardo Adé, Jems Geffrard, Alex Christian Jr. – Zachary Herivaux, Steeven Saba, Herve Bazile – Duckens Nazon (Andrew Jean-Baptiste 52nd), Christiano Francois (Derrick Etienne 71st), Frantzdy Pierrot 20.
Here are the notes of the Grenadiers:
– Johny Placide (6.5): A match not peaceful but remarkable for our captain. Indeed, he had to work to repel the adverse attempts.
– Stéphane Lambèse (not rated): He did not bring enough before his exit on injury in the 8th minute. He was replaced in the wake by Djimy-Bend Alexis (noted 7). An interesting copy for the new FC Lori player who has not been idle by chaining back and forth on his side. Meanwhile, he could have done more to help the Haitian team to win Tuesday night.
– Alex Christian Junior (6): As always, he did not hesitate to take his left lane to carry the danger offensively. One of his centers was also decisive on the opening score of Frantzdy Pierrot (15th). For the rest, it was completely difficult to imagine considering the context of the match which facilitated the task to the visiting team in the 2nd half.
– Ricardo Adé (4,5): Beginning of interesting match for Adé who has always been there to clear but he was awfully expelled two minutes after the break for a foul, leaving his partners. The turn of the game
– Jems Geffrard (5): Since the Gold Cup, Jems is taking the lead. He has assumed his role in stabilizing the Haitian defense and shows little by little that he is good ball to the foot. But some criticize its slowness on some actions.
– Steeven Saba (5): A very small performance of the midfielder Violette AC. Very shy, he could not impose himself and was not visible in both periods. It's still very far from his performances at the Gold Cup.
– Zachary Hérivaux (4,5): A delicate performance for Zach like most of the team. His interventions lacked rigor and in his position of relay, he did not propose anything to the attackers.
– Hervé Bazile (5.5): For his first match at the Stade Sylvio Cator, he alternated the good and the worst . Ubiquitous and eager to do something, the Le Havre player had some technical waste in his game. He missed the throttle that could have made the difference. He tried several shots and was even close to scoring twice.
– Christiano François (5): The one who seduced many observers last Saturday in the first match against Curacao, was less glittering on his right wing. He was replaced by Derrick Etienne Junior (71st).
– Duckens Nazon (5): Highly motivated at first, the Grenadier had begun to excite the Haitian public with some individual actions and interesting breakthroughs. A shot that could make the difference in the first period and the rest was complicated for Nazon who had to give way to Andrew Jean-Baptiste (52) after the explusion of Ricardo Adé.
– Frantzdy Pierrot (6): The Guingamp player showed the way to his partners in the 15th minute. But it must be said that his match was not very good. The reason ? We did not ask him enough. And on one of the rare offerings, he has proved that he knows how to make a difference.