Proposal for a way out of the crisis for the benefit of the Haitian people
by Pastor Dieupie Cherubin, Senator of South-East
Monday, September 16, 2019 ((rezonodwes.com)) – It is a fact, the the magnitude of the Haitian socio-political crisis can not be solved in isolation, neither by the executive nor by the political opposition, much less without the active involvement of the private business sector; However, during this time, the country remains almost dysfunctional for more than a year. Nothing really works.
Socio-political governance becomes sterile, unable to solve any important societal problem. The reciprocal mistrust of political and economic actors, the amateurism of political leaders, the search for personal interests as well as the forgetting of some and the carelessness of others of the suffering of the population, explains this social, political and economic tragedy Haitian .
However, the search for a way out of the crisis should not be approached according to the logic of winner / loser; but preferably inspired by the quest for betterment for the benefit of the whole nation. The search for a social, institutional and economic rescue, which gives confidence to the population and sends a message to the world that we can between us Haitians, find the courage, intelligence and strength necessary to sit for a historic compromise in order to propose a credible alternative to Haiti
Time is serious!
Insecurity with the growing number of armed gangs across the country are fast becoming our true evil of the century ! Weak institutions pave the way for corruption and impunity. Food insecurity is affecting almost the upper classes of the population. Unemployment and begging are gaining ground because of the depreciation of the gourd, which further deteriorates the purchasing power of our compatriots. Economic growth has been down for a long time! The growing unemployment! International agreements are dormant!
At this crossroads, I propose, in my capacity as senator of the Southeast and first secretary of the Senate of the Republic, that the government ratified by the assembly of deputies, be it in the shorter notice by the Senate. In case of recidivism of the socio-institutional contrarieties due to violence between the conscripts, and that under the basis of an agreement of the parliamentary majority and in the name of the principle of the defense of the general interest, this government is installed under the instruction of a decision of the power of the executive .
But it will not be in any sense a blank check. The Haitian people must be the first beneficiary.
Thus this government must have a binding mandate spanning three months and governed by the pursuit of the following missions:
• Bring back in the shortest possible time, security in metropolitan areas of lawlessness, as well as at the provincial level;
• Relieving, through urgent social decisions, conditions of famine and food insecurity at the national level;
• Making provisions urgent and innovative to ensure effective management of fuel scarcity across the country
• Stabilize the depreciation of the gourd in relation to the dollar and provide the country with a new budget for the 2019-2020 fiscal year;
• Immediately begin a process of dialogue leading to a consensus government starting in January 2020, including: a prime minister of the opposition or of the corporation civil summer, 8 opposition ministers and 8 ministers from the executive branch;
• Initiate interrelational prerequisites in terms of consultations leading up to the launch of the electoral process in 2020.
Negotiate, relieve the suffering of the population and remain mobilized if necessary.
Past. Dieupie Cherubin
Senator South East