After being accused of rape by the British newspaper, The Guardian and of sexual abuse of minors, the president of the FHF was invited to the Croix-des-Bouquets prosecution . When responding to this invitation, representatives of several feminist organizations went, this Thursday, May 14, 2020, to the tribunal of Croix-des-Bouquets to demand the resignation of Yves Jean-Bart at the head of the Haitian Federation. of soccer. These feminist organizations say they want light to be shed on the accusations of sexual abuse allegedly suffered by underage footballers in the National Technical Center in Croix-des-Bouquets. The representatives of women's organizations: Solidarite fanm ayisyèn (Sofa), Kay Fanm and Fondasyon Toya made the trip, to reaffirm their position, to the occasion of the hearing session of Dadou Jean-Bart, which was scheduled at the court of first instance of Croix-des-Bouquets. Yves (Dadou) Jean-Bart is the main person who should show much more interest, so that the light is shed on this matter, estimated the coordinator of Kay Fanm Yolette Jeanty. The hearing which was finally set for a week, following testimonies, on Wednesday May 13, 2020, of six football coaches at the prosecution, near the civil court of Croix-des-Bouquets, other key figures will be heard in this judicial investigation, informed the government commissioner to the court of first instance of Croix-des-Bouquets, Maxime Augustin. According to Yves Jean-Bart's lawyer, M e Stanley Gaston, there is no case file. “Since there is neither a victim nor a complainant, therefore, there is no sexual abuse,” he said. While this dossier continues to make headlines, the National Network for the Defense of Human Rights (RNDDH) is already hard at work œ in its investigation into the veracity of these statements by the British newspaper. “This case of accusation of rape, of embezzlement of minors that the FHF, specifically President Jean-Bart is accused of, is serious and tarnishes the image of the country. Light must be shed, in the interest of the society which has a right to the truth and so that those, who are said to be victims, can also have justice. These accusations cannot be taken lightly, especially as they emanate from an article in a respectable newspaper in England. We need to do an investigation, “said RNDDH executive director Pierre Espérance. Mr. Espérance said he had read, on March 17, a letter from the Haitian Football Federation (FHF), dated March 10, 2020, signed by the Secretary General of the Haitian Football Federation, Mr. Carlo Marcelin, requesting an investigation into a smear campaign against the FHF. Pierre Esperance said he ignored the seriousness of these accusations at this time. “The file had been entrusted to a team. For the time being, we do not know what phase the investigation is at, let alone when it will be finalized, but the RNDDH team is working on it with seriousness and impartiality ”affirmed Pierre Espérance.
Altidor Jean Hervé